Friday, November 18, 2011

Picasa Thumnails Stop Displaying after upgrade to Android 3.2

On my Toshiba Thrive, I noted that the thumbnails for the images I have in Picasa Web Albums stopped displaying properly after I upgraded to Android 3.2. I was able to get them working properly again, and this is how I did it.

Open the gallery.
Then go to Apps/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications. Select the All option
Scroll down to Gallery
Select Force Stop
Select Clear Data. You'll get the dire warning about everything is going to be deleted, respond OK
Restart the Gallery. The blue sync circle will start running at the top, and the thumbnails will reappear. They will link to the pictures as they should.
I rebooted the tablet afterward just to confirm it would survive a re-boot, and it did.

If you have a Toshiba Thrive, and you want to interact with other Thrive users, have a look at The Toshiba Thrive Forums

No comments:

Post a Comment